Friday, June 22, 2012

Wedding making....

One of my favourite things lately has been making all the different bits and pieces for the wedding - the dress, the favours and of course the decorations.

Over the Jubilee bank holiday I organised a making day at my house with crafty family members and friends.  It was such a great day and we got so much made (so much more than if I’d been making by myself, many hands and all that)  The chat, tea and cake (baked by my talented sister) made the day fly in and i could hardly believe how much stuff we ended up with.  I don’t want to give too much away before the big day so i’ve only got a few shots at the moment but I’ll put up photos of the finished decorations once its all over!



working on many metres of bunting.



I really don’t know why I am pulling such a strange face in this one!



oodles of paper chains



Hard at work pining bunting together



My mum busy at the sewing machine



Yet more sewing - Carol and Tineke



More old paper creations



I look a bit manic in this picture, I don’t know why as it was a really lovely day and not stressful at all (although my sewing machine had given up the ghost by the end of all that bunting!)

Everybody seemed to enjoy it (or maybe they were just being polite because I made them lunch!) and we agreed that we’d try to get together again for another (non wedding related) making day very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment